16.9.13

Helsinki Design Week: Part 1

I've just returned home from my trip to Finland and it was AMAZING. It was really inspiring to visit the shops of some of my most loved design companies and see their products in the flesh (Kauniste, Polkka Jam, Darling Clementine and of course Marimekko to name a few).

I got the chance to visit the Design Market as part of Helsinki Design Week which was basically all of my favourite things housed in one big room within the old Cable Factory. As you can imagine I was in my element and picked up lots of lovely printed products from a few of the stalls (my favourite had to be Papershop which I spent the most time at deciding which paper goods to buy).

Anyway, here a few snapshots from my time in Helsinki. More posts to come within the next few days once I get my disposable camera developed.


The Weather Diary Collection on display in the Marimekko store



Foxes at the Natural History Museum




Design Market @ The Cable Factory





A treat for myself from the amazing Kauniste store